Winter Skin Savers
Posted: Feb 11 2015
While spring may only be a month away, our skin definitely doesn’t see the light at the end of winter tunnel just yet. With arctic temperatures plaguing us, we’re left looking a little, well, lackluster. No need to settle for scaly skin or chapped lips now, we’ve gathered our favorite DIY recipes for smooth sailing straight into spring.
Vanilla-Coconut Body Scrub
- Mix 1/2-cup coconut oil, 1/2-cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- After cleansing in the shower, rub on skin and massage. The sugar acts as an exfoliant.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Lemon Body Butter
- Melt 6 Tbsp. coconut oil and 1/4-cup cacao butter in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat. Add 1 Tsp. vitamin E oil and 1/4 Tsp. of lemon essential oil.
- Cool until the mixture solidifies, (a few hours at room temperature).
- Massage all over body.
Vanilla & Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
- In a mixing bowl, add 1/2 Tsp. honey, and then mix in 1 Tsp. olive oil.
- Lightly incorporate 2 Tsp. brown sugar.
- Add 1/4-Tsp. vanilla extract. Using a spoon, mix the ingredients until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a small container to store.