MYNT NEWS: GET THE LOOK
Posted: Nov 10 2014
Get the Mynt Look
We get lots of questions from women about how to style our clothes and create a beauty look that emulates our gorgeous Mynt models. So we decided to take our favorite look from our Fall 2 collection and break it down, with complete with insider tips and tricks.
First order of business, defining our style. We know our customers are busy so we put together outfits that are unfussy, classic with modern accessories and comprised with mix and match pieces. For hair and makeup, we go for attainable looks with healthy, shiny hair and flawless skin accentuated by enhanced eyes.
In this collection, our key look combines all of the above. The Cocoon Coat tops our Seamed Coated Leggings; a classic white tee goes underneath the jacket and the outfit is complete with a pair of black pumps. A layered Lucite necklace and bracelet were added for a touch of bling along with a pair of stud earrings, proving that uncomplicated goes a long way.
As for the hair, we worked with the model’s own wavy texture and enhanced it by running a curling iron through her dry hair. Once it was all curled, our hairstylist on set ran her fingers through the model’s hair, combing it softly into place, and then secured it with a light shot of hair spray.
For makeup, we went with a classic smoky eye that takes her effortlessly from day to night. Here’s how to get her look straight from our makeup artist:
- Create a flawless complexion by moisturizing, then using a primer and foundation for an even skin tone.
- Apply an eye primer from lash line to the browline, resulting in a smooth base for your eyeshadow.
- Line the eyes with a pencil liner, in either black or gray, all the way around.
- Choose a black, navy or gray eyeshadow and apply from the lash line to the crease; be sure to blend the color evenly.
- Add a highlight shadow from the eye crease to just below the brow in a shimmery neutral or flesh-colored shadow.
- Finish the eyes with a few coats of mascara.
- Fill in eyebrows and sweep some deep blush across the hollows of cheeks. A berry-colored lipgloss completes the look.