Nicolette's Insta-Takeover Recap
Posted: Sep 23 2014
In case you missed it, the one and only Nicolette Mason took over our Instagram account during NYFW. As expected, she caught all the breathtaking moments from the week including a dreamy illusion midriff and sheer white situation at Tadashi Shoji, glimmering ball gowns at Christian Siriano and had a Cinderella moment while glancing at all the bejeweled shoes and accessories.
Her images were gorgeous, but we wanted to know more about her NYFW experience. So we sat down with Nicolette and asked her all about the week. Here’s what she had to say.
MYNT: What were the major trends and themes seen throughout the whole week?
- All White Everything!White hot summer can always be expected, but this season's take on all-white was an extra refreshing one.
- Suede, Suede, Suede: This is an exciting one for MYNT 1792 fans, because they can get a head start with all the luxe suede in the Fall 2014 range! Why wait til next spring?! Suede is not a common option for spring-summer, but lightweight varieties (and shortened hemlines) at Costello Tagliapetra, Altuzarra, and Jason Wu made my heart flutter.
- Mesh & Sheer Panels: A little bit sport, a little bit sexy - transparent panels, fabrics, and detailing were all the rage on the runways, from DKNY to Alexander Wang to Noon by Noor.
- Monochrome: Stripes and black-and-white colorblocking were a strong theme - who doesn't love this classic?
- Cream of the CROP!: Shortened silhouettes a-la the much loved crop top are continuing to blaze the runways. I lovethis look on curvy girls, too.
Get the look now: Get a leg up on Nicolette’s top spring trends now! Our Knit Top with Mesh Panels is both sporty and sexy; our Fit and Flare Skirt is made of luxe faux suede.
MYNT: Any that can be applied for Curves?
NM: All of them!!! Get a head start on SS15 trends with MYNT 1792's suedes,monochromes, and laser cuts.
MYNT: What was your favorite collection?
NM: It's hard to pick a favorite, but Noon by Noor and Christian Siriano were certainly among them. I love how they make drama and exceptional attention to detail a part of their ready-to-wear collections.
MYNT: Anything else our readers should know about this NYFW?
NM: For many brands, it's back to basics! While there were certainly a flurry of prints and embellishments across brands, many designers favored a pared down, subtle approach to trends. Think classics reinvented in edgy, innovative silhouettes.
MYNT: What is your favorite Fall piece from MYNT1792?
NM: I'm obsessed with the Celine maxi and I've been wearing mine non-stop! It's a perfect day-to-night piece for between seasons. I've also been crushing on the Suede Fit & Flare Skirt in Raspberry Red! The color makes a statement in a shape that stands the test of time.